Friday, January 1, 2010

Welcome 2010 (and I'm back... again)

Happy 2010, everyone.

One of my first resolutions for the new year is to post at least weekly on this blog. The nice thing about that is that I'll be able to look back a year from today and see how I did. The problem with it is I'll be able to look back a year from today and see how I did. Bet you saw that coming.

The holidays have been good to us, if a bit hectic. My first real date with My Betrothed occurred the day before Thanksgiving, 2008, so holidays have continued to be a big deal with us. There's nothing like jumping head-first into a family's November/December traditions to get the pulse of what they're all about. Big shout out to my future Mother and Sisters in Law, for always making me feel at home at theirs. So, that will be my excuse for not posting more often at the end of last year. But that's so 2009. The new Groom 2 Be is a posting machine. Already he's posted every single day of 2010.

So, a quick summary and update of our prenuptial adventures (I'll go into more detail on some of these in a future post):
  1. The search for the perfect invitation continues apace (Now accepting suggestions for where to buy recycled card-stock);
  2. The hunt for bridesmaid dresses appears to be close to bearing fruit, though we'll see;
  3. The quest for a groomsman's gift (and indeed, a second groomsman) is almost ready to begin in earnest;
  4. The campaign for good reception music remains mostly successful, even as the new and bloody front of the ceremony music already appears set for a war of attrition;
  5. The mission to discover something that can actually be crossed off of the "to do" list is still listed as "unaccomplished." I don't think we've even checked off "finish making 'to do' list."
Okay, that last part was a bit of an exaggeration. We've got venues for the rehearsal dinner, the ceremony, and the reception, as well as an officiant. We've chosen three of what will be a total of four attendants. We've discovered that I had no idea what I was getting into at the start of our wedding invitation search.

My wedding related resolutions:
  1. Post weekly to this blog;
  2. Save up my half of the wedding expenses;
  3. Get myself into "honeymoon shape."
Sorry, was that last bit TMI? Perhaps it wasn't until I implied it was....

So, as we bid adieu to 2009, I can't help but think that if I got engaged last year, and I will get married next year, then the planning ahead of me for this year shall be truly epic, with all the wonder, terror, and excitement that the word "epic" implies.

~G2B

1 comment:

  1. Something to look at is

    http://blog.youreventproducer.com/2008/12/12/planning-an-eco-friendly-wedding-in-austin-tx/

    It has some tips - but it mentions a local company here that deals with recycled paper invitations. Might be worth a gander.

    ReplyDelete